Get Involved to Protect cougars!
Add your voice to the thousands of New Mexicans opposing these destructive management changes.
Your Voice Matters. Take Back Your Power.
The Game Commission is an unelected Governor-appointed seven-member body—so, despite thousands of petition signatures, the latest poll results, and the outcry at the Game Commission meeting, it’s clear these Commissioners do not represent the vast majority of New Mexicans.
You have the power to change the laws by talking to your elected officials and joining the movement to stop cougar trapping:
- Contact your State Senator and State Representative and ask them to enact a statewide ban on cruel traps and snares.
- Get the word out by visiting our Facebook page and sharing important information. Follow us on Twitter to keep up the latest news too.
- Call or write Governor Martinez to let her know New Mexicans do not support the extreme cougar and bear killing measures adopted by her Game Commission.
- Donate to finish the fight to Stop Cougar Trapping!
APNM has plans in motion! Keep watching the Stop Cougar Trapping website for ways you can stop cougar trapping. If you are interested in making a difference through local organizing and action, please feel free to contact Jessica Johnson, APNM’s chief legislative officer at Jessica@apnm.org.
For more information about the Commission’s decision, please read APNM’s press release online.
- Share the petition on Facebook and Twitter:
- Write to the Game Commission and Governor Martinez
- Looking for help in making your case? Find useful facts here.
- Join our email list to get news & updates!